Dec 14, 2009

The Monday

Im sitting at my desk on a monday morning too early for my records. I look around my place of work and see empty cubicles. Im trying to keep my eyes from shutting with a cup of coffee. Except from the CPU whirring there is absolute silence. No sound of any human contact near by. People come in trying to keep up a fresh face for the week ahead. Some walk in with a dazed look on their faces. I can hear some girly laughter and chatter at the pantry. The girls catching up on their activities during the weekends. The clicking of heels, the swiping of cards. The rustling of bags and the whiff of some strong bathing soaps or some '9-gemed'hair oils.

I'd so love to exchange all this sounds with that of the sea on the beach or some birds chirping or the breeze through the trees. The sight of morning sunrise or the smell of some good home made breakfast. Id love to run outside and sit in the well-maintained green lawns and laze. My boss walks in and asks me to arrange an impromptu status call meeting.

And So I step into this maze of activities.

No comments: