May 9, 2008

Bob Marley's - Three little birds

"Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', 'This is my message to you-ou-ou'....."

I first heard these lyrics quite by accident. As usual, on a cloudy weekend, sitting bored and browsing through YouTube, I came across this video. Didn't give much thought to it until it started playing. It started with catchy drum beats and then I just drifted away with the song. No no.. I wasn't high or anything...not even close. But the way he sings it was very magical.

"Singin', 'Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.'
Singin', 'Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!' "

Every time I'm down, I listen to this song and it lightens me up so much. It gives hope and a courage to do what I feel. What his music and songs means to me is to break away from all the little shackles we have tied ourselves into, the stereotypes, the impressions and pretense. Forget what the world thinks of you and dance to your own tunes. To think beyond ourselves and every little thing is gonna be alright. The simplicity of Bob Marley's song and everything he stood for is admirable. He was a revolutionary of kinds and a legend. Some of the other songs I like are 'Stir it up' and 'I shot the Sheriff'.

1 comment:

Naiesha said...

I like the song "I shot the Sheriff" too!!